Welcome!

I'm new to all this blogging stuff, but I'm giving it a shot! Spare Time Creations is just that.... cards I make in my spare time, which is a joke, since I never have any of that!




Tuesday, July 12, 2011

My first blog post!

  

I am very frustrated in trying to figure out all this blogging stuff!  This is my plate wall art that I love dearly.  It became my inspiration for the card below.  I used early espresso, baja breeze, cajun craze, more mustard, soft suede and old olive.  Sentiment from teeny tiny wishes cut out with the word window punch.  The circles were embossed with various cuttlebug embossing folders then I used distress ink in walnut stain over each embossed image and around the edges.  To get the shine, I used clear embossing powder.  It was tricky to arrange the circles, but this is how it turned out.  It's one of those cards that will never be given away!  Isn't that what happens when so much is invested in the creation?




2 comments:

  1. Welcome to blogland!! I really like this card - very inventive and your inspiration plates are just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is stunning. I understand the not wanting to give it away. Cherish your creation. On a side note, thank you for the great detail on how you put the card together.

    ReplyDelete